Join us on a guided ghost hunt through the UTC campus and Citizens Cemetery using our advanced ghost hunting equipment. Designed for adventurous guests looking for the best chance to have a supernatural experience!
Murder & Mayhem Haunted History Tour
- Half Size Tour No One Under 13 Without Permission
- Adult Full Tour Family (Full, 25 person) Tour only
- Child Ages 3-12
Chattanooga Walking Ghost Tour
The Murder & Mayhem Haunted History Tour is our new and improved walking ghost tour. This tour has won a SLEW of awards since its inception — Good Morning America, ABC News, House Beautiful, Country Living Magazine, MoneyInc, TrekBible, and Southern Travel & Lifestyles in 2018 ALONE!
Our award-winning storytellers take you to the very sites where documented accounts of ghostly appearances have taken place. Spirits have been seen lurking in downtown Chattanooga. Revel in the details of our city’s darker past that have kept them here.
Our guides also share with you the most likely locations for ghost photos. Your tour takes place entirely outside the city’s most haunted venues; inside visits will resume after those venues re-open to groups post-Covid. It starts and ends outside our shop at 57 E. Fifth St. This tour has less walking, fewer hills, and more ghosts than any other tour we’ve offered, and it includes a stop outside the most haunted place we have ever explored.
We offer this tour in full-size (25-26 people, all ages) and half size (13-14 people, ages 13+ unless you get express permission for a younger child) options, to accommodate all needs. Full and half size tours are the exact same tour including length, guides, and content, and differ only in size, price, and ages allowed.
Tour runs rain or shine, so bring weather-appropriate gear, as well as your cameras. Though this tour only started June 2017, we have already received some of our best ghost photos ever at a stop that is exclusive to this route.
- First and foremost, we ask our guests to PLEASE NOT COME IF YOU ARE SICK IN ANY WAY or IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED IN ANY WAY. Please be considerate of others if you have had possible exposure. We will provide full refunds upon request for anyone, as long as you notify us by phone at 423-718-3509 at least 2 hours before the tour, or less if you become sick or exposed to Covid less than 2 hours before the tour.
- You will be able to use our landlord’s bathroom before the tour; however, because there are only two, lines accumulate, and we do not delay the tour for guests still in line. Therefore, the better plan is to please go before you come!
- ALL BOOKINGS MUST BE MADE ONLINE OR OVER PHONE TO ENSURE TOUCH-FREE TRANSACTIONS.
- We have touch-free hand sanitizer available.
- We are also offering private tours for those concerned about being around strangers. You can call us at 423-718-3509 to make arrangements for a private tour.