We have continued to have lots of activity on the ghost hunt. Lately, the Ovilus has been very sweet to some of the women on the tour, telling them how nice and pretty and kind they are, while simultaneously picking on some of the guys. Earlier this week, it was doing this to one couple in particular, telling the guy (when the lady had just told him not to fall on the stairs because she couldn’t catch him), that he was “too heavy,” among many other things. It has said “Don’t know,” when a woman asked jokingly why she married her husband. It has not limited its comments to our hunts, either. Last night, after being unable to find some recently purchased medicine anywhere in the house, in desperation, I finally turned on the Ovilus and demanded to know where it was. It replied, “Under (the) damn johnny,” and a few moments later, added. “sink.” In truth, under the bathroom sink was where I thought I had put it, but after another search there, it still didn’t show up. When I returned to the Ovilus and said in disgust that it wasn’t there, what was its reply? “Laugh.” : / Everyone’s a joker.
No Laughing Matter
- Ovilus Communications 6/11/16 Weekend — Sunday night, we had a guest that started Jack’s cemetery hunt as very much a skeptic. She looked startled but did not speak up when the Ovilus called out a man’s name. She looked startled again but still did not speak up when it said some other things. But after one more instance, she pulled [...]
- Chattanooga Ghost Tours offers ULTIMA... — “The SLS – XCam system is the next level of Paranormal Research.” -Zak Bagans, Ghost Adventures (St James Hotel/season 9 episode 8) The SLS XCam is a Structured Light Sensor which allows us to see greater parts of the spectrum than our eyes can see. Using advanced technology, this equipment pushes the bounds by which [...]
- The Lady in White Makes an Appearance — The family which took the amazing photo of the bride of Patten Chapel came back the very next weekend to see if the hunt would be active again, and they were not disappointed! The ghosts particularly liked one young lady, Cayci, that night. She had repeatedly asked Anna, the “lady in white” ghost bride who [...]
- “Would Do it Again in a Heartbe... — “Our party did the 11:30PM UTC Cemetery ‘Hunt’ on Saturday, 10/25/14 with John. He was very engaging and informative and made certain that everyone knew what we were doing and enjoyed ourselves. Using the SLS we were able to see anomalies several times and with the Ovilus many of us were able to speak [...]
- Dr. Shock ‘s Torture Cafe — Dr. Shock’s Shock Theatre featured Chattanooga Ghost Tours’ own Amy Petulla and Hope Holloway as they describe some of the equipment that is featured on our ghost hunts and tours. Dr Shock is a local classic from the 60’s and 70’s, a haunted world featuring classic and contemporary horror films, hosted by the neurotic [...]